Copyright 2020 - HappyOtterScripts by The Happy Otter
OtterBar is a dockable extension that provides a toolbar where Happy Otter Scripts (HOS) are automatically populated when the toolbar is first loaded. The toolbar icons can be freely moved and their layouts saved. When first loaded and docked, it has the following appearance:
Toolbar Script Icons . The toolbar consists of 50 positions which may be populated with script icons.
When HOS is first installed, this toolbar is populated with all HappyOtter scripts arranged in alphabetical order. New scripts may be added from the Vegas script menu or from any file location. For each icon position denoted by an “x”, a context menu is available with the following options.
- Select new script . Opens a dialog box to the default Vegas script menu folder from which a new script may be added. An icon will be added if the script has a corresponding png file in the correct format. If no icon is available, the default Vegas script icon will be added.
- Remove Script . The selected script will be removed from the selected icon position. The script and associated icon will NOT be deleted.
- Show File Path . Shows the full filepath of the selected script.
- Show Help Topic . Shows help topic for selected script.
- Reset Script Settings . Each of the HappyOtter scripts has an associated settings file which contains information about user preferences. If a settings file is reset, it will be deleted, and repopulated the next time the script is executed.
Toolbar Controls. The OtterInfoBar may be configured and custom tailored in a variety of ways. The following controls are available.
- Move Scripts . Enables scripts to be moved from one icon location to another. To move a script, do the following:
- Left-click the Move Script Button. It will turn red once the mouse no longer hovers over the button.
- Left-click on the Script to be moved. The icon will disappear and be replaced by a large + symbol.
- Move the + symbol to the desired script location. Left-click again and the script icon will reappear.
- Other scripts may be moved in the same manner.
- Once finished, left-click once again on the red Move Script Button. It will return to its usual color.
- Move Icons . Enables all information boxes and script icons to be moved. This enables the user to design his own tool bar with only the information he wants. To move individual info boxes and script icons, do the following:
- Left-click on the Move Icons Button. It will turn red once the mouse no longer hover over the button.
- Left-click on the script icon to be moved and drag it to its new location. Once selected, you may also use the arrow keys to nudge the selected control to its new location.
- Once finished, left-click once again on the red Move Icon Button. It will return to its usual color.
Here’s an example of a single row of 40 script icons that sits on top of the timeline, thus minimizing mouse movement to select a script.
- Auto XY . Automatically aligns the remaining info boxes and script icons in both the X and Y axes.
- Auto Y . Automatically aligns the remaining info boxes and script icons in only the Y axis.
- Reset . Resets the position of all info boxes and script icons to their default location. The script association with each script icon location will be preserved.
- Select Layout . Drop-down menu which enables user to load saved layouts.
- Add Layout . Adds the current layout to the list of saved layouts. To save a new layout, do the following:
- Move scripts and icons to the desired new locations.
- Left-click inside the text area of the drop-down list. Clear the current text and enter a new layout name.
- Left-click on the Add Layout (green plus) button.
- Remove Layout . Removes the select layout from the list of saved layouts. To remove a layout, do the following:
- Select the layout from the drop down list.
- Left-click on the Remove Layout (red x) button.
- Show/Hide Empty Script Locations . Toggles display of empty script button locations shown by “x”.
- Apply Color Theme . Reloads the current color theme setting. If a new color theme is selected, it enables the OtterInfoBar color theme to be updated without restarting Vegas.