Copyright 2021 - HappyOtterScripts by The Happy Otter
BatchRender is a tool that permits the user to run batch jobs created in AviDub and RenderPlus. This enables the user to perform lengthy renders unattended--for example, overnight. A batch job can be created in AviDub or RenderPlus by clicking the "Batch" button and entering the name of the job. After one or more batch jobs have been created, the BatchRender dialog can be opened which enables the user to control the batch job queue and begin the render process.
1. Select Row. Works the same as Excel. Clicking on the top cell in this column selects All. Individual rows may be selected by clicking on the first cell for each row. Row selection is necessary to move an item up or down in the queue, to remove an item or to switch between a Batch and NoBatch job.
2. Select Jobs. To process a batch job, it must first be selected by ticking the checkbox. The checkbox on the top row toggles between all selected and none selected.
3. Batch Job Name. All batch jobs begin with "Batch_", followed by the Vegas version used for processing, and finally the name of the batch job that the user enters in AviDub or RenderPlus.
4. Job Status. After processing, the checkbox in the OK column will be ticked.
5. Job Control Buttons.
a. Opens the selected job in Vegas. Warning! If you then launch AviDub or RenderPlus, rendering will automatically begin.
b. Moves the selected job(s) up in the queue.
c. Moves the selected job(s) down in the queue.
d. Removes the selected job(s) from the queue. Note that the saved Vegas project and settings files will be deleted.
e. Switches the selected batch project to a NoBatch project and vice versa. Switching from a Batch project to a NoBatch project can be useful if the job included adding the rendered files back into the project.
f. Removes completed jobs (jobs with check mark in the OK column) from the queue. Note that the saved Vegas project and settings files will be deleted.
g. Resets all jobs to unselected and not completed.
g. Opens the folder containing all batch jobs and the BatchRender.log file which contains information about processed jobs and any errors that may have occurred.
6. After Render . Options to shutdown or hibernate system after batch processing is completed.
7. Start . Begins processing the batch job queue.