Copyright 2021 - HappyOtterScripts by The Happy Otter
The Deshaker Parameters dialog enables the user to easily make changes to the filter settings and either update an existing settings file or create a new one. Detailed information regarding the specific parameters is available from the author's Deshaker website. It is also provided as tooltips whenever the mouse hovers over a specific parameter (see #4 and #5).
1. Note that there is no need to enter the Source Pixel Aspect and Video Type. These parameters come directly from Vegas once the processing begins.
2. Settings Displayed. When the dialog first appears, the settings shown (Current) are those contained in the filter settings file selected. At this point, the user can show other settings for easy comparison of parameters. These include: Last Used--the settings used the last time Deshaker was run; Default--the default settings; and Selected--the settings from the file selected using the drop down list. That list contains all settings files in the VirtualDub Filter Settings folder that contain the name "Deshake".
3. Current Settings File Name and Save Options. The textbox contains the name of the settings file currently selected.
a. Edit and Run Pass 2 Only. If checked, only the second pass will be executed. This enables different Pass 2 parameters to be changed without having to re-analyze the motion vectors each time.
b. Continue. Begins processing immediately. Any changes that were made to individual parameters will not be saved.
c. Save and Continue. Saves any changes to the current settings file and then begins processing. Note that a new saved file will be created that contains the original settings file name plus a two digit suffix. The original settings file will not be overwritten.
d. Save As and Continue. Permits settings to be saved to a new file. Once clicked, the textbox containing the current settings file can be edited.
e. Cancel. Cancels the render and returns to the main AviDub GUI.
4. ? Settings. If clicked, the button text becomes red and settings information will be shown whenever the mouse hovers over a specific parameter. If clicked again, the button text turns green and the tooltip is turned off.
5. ? Possible Values. If clicked, the button text becomes red and a parameter's possible values will be shown whenever the mouse hovers over a specific parameter. If clicked again, the button text turns green and the tooltip is turned off.